Can you believe Trinidad Carnival bands (some) already dropped their theme teasers days after we crossed the stage in Trinidad and Tobago.
For those of you who were waiting to recoup your pockets before you started planning your 2017 Trinidad Carnival trip — now is the time to start planning. Below is a checklist of your timeline for planning Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago.
You should already start looking at flights and accommodations. Carnival falls on February 27 & 28, 2017. We recommend going to Trinidad from the Wednesday (Feb 22) before to the Thursday (March 2) after to have a FULL carnival schedule (and attend some of the BEST events).
Accommodations take priority also — book early! very early. Most carnival veterans already have their reservations submitted. Most often, only a 50% deposit is due and you pay the balance in December/February. We may be able to help for those of you who are unable to secure lodging in Trinidad. Paparazzi kicks off the carnival season with their band launch on July 2 and all the bands will follow suit until August. Securing your costume early is also advised. (Don’t worry – you can sell it incase your manager declines your leave)
- Paparazzi is scheduled to launch their “Sky Gazers” theme on July 2
- Tribe & Bliss is scheduled to launch their “Festival of the Bands” theme on July 16
- Passion is scheduled to launch their “Spectrum” theme on July 22
- Fantasy is scheduled to launch their “1001 Fantasies” theme on July 23
- Ronnie and Caro is scheduled to launch their “Fearless” theme on July 23
- YUMA is scheduled to launch their “The Origins” theme on August 6
- Harts is scheduled to launch their “Beat of Carnival” theme on August 7
- Island People – Band launch info not yet released
*Tip: When it comes to flights, the sooner or sometimes later you book, the better. Waiting until band launch (summer) is when tickets are sure to increase.
Need help with your carnival planning or have questions? contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Mas