Guess what time it is? Time to plan for the best carnival in North America – Miami Carnival. Miami Carnival has easily climbed the charts as one of the biggest and most attended in the states. Miami Carnival weekend kicks off from October 6 – October 11 this year.
FLY – Flying into Miami International Airport or Fort Lauderdale airport are your best options. We recommend buying flights before band launch to avoid paying outrageous airfare costs. Flights from JFK are currently in the $310 plus range.
There are plenty hotel options in Florida. Lucky for most people, you have the option of staying in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Miami will be more expensive but will be better located to all the events (except Jouvert which is in Lauderhill). AirBnB is another affordable option.
The big bands typically launch in the late May, early June time frame. The Global Carnivalist team will alert it’s readers as to when, but be on the look out for the best bands like Mascots, Gen X and One Island.
- Mascots International is scheduled to launch their “Remember When” theme on June 25
- Generation X Miami is scheduled to launch their “Erotica” theme on June 11
- One Island Mas Band is scheduled to launch their “Mythical Menagerie” theme soon
- Freaks Mas – Band launch date not yet released
- Euphoria Mas is scheduled to launch their “Warrior Within” theme on May 21
- Revel Nation is scheduled to launch their “Realm of Dragons” theme on June 25
- D Junction Mas is scheduled to launch their “A Tribute to Royalty” theme on June 18
- Jamborii Mas is scheduled to launch their “League of Conquerors” theme soon
- Party Room Squad is scheduled to launch their “Rare” theme on June 26
Miami has one of the best Caribbean party scenes in the States with some of the top Trinidadian promoters. Expect fetes from Vale Vibe, Candy Coated and Scorch this year. Check back with us in August for a full fete list!
Accommodations: $250-$400 a night depending on where you’re staying
Costumes: $300 – $650 (backline – frontline)
Fetes: $250 – $350 (depending on how many, let’s assume you party from Thursday to Monday)
Transportation: $18 – $30 per day for a car rental depending on the location
Yours in Mas