St.Lucia Carnival 2020 events are on the following dates: July 14 – July 22 .
St. Lucia is a TWO DAY carnival. Carnival Monday is the day you will wear your carnival costume, Carnival Tuesday is the day you will wear whatever you want. (think Monday wear, parts of your costume from Carnival Monday etc)
The parades will take place on July 20-21, 2020.
St. Lucia has two airports, UVF in the south of the island which is about a 1.5 hour drive from Gros Islet and SLU which is in Castries. SLU tends to be more expensive to fly into [for international flights] but it is the more convenient airport.
Don’t feel like planning yourself OR going alone? Join the PUMPCATION!! I’ll be liming with them for my 2020 St. Lucia Carnival Experience.
WHERE TO PARTY
St. Lucia Carnival offers a different type of experience because of their soca. Yes, they play other island soca but when local soca comes in, it’s a different vibe. St. Lucians also throw really great beach cooler fetes. Events thrown by Deeper than Soca, Verve and Just 4 Fun are not to be missed.
In 2019, tickets sold out in record time to these notable events, I suggest purchasing early, these are always sold out events
- Soca Raff Up
- Soca Sex and Alcohol Boatride
- Deeper than Soca J.O.B (Carnival Friday AM)
- J4F Indulgence Breakfast Party
A comprehensive fete list for 2020 events will be available March 2020
WHERE TO GET COSTUMES
There are several bands to choose from but no band is like the other. Costume prices are reasonable, you can get a frontline costume between the range of $650-$800usd. These are your band options:
- Xuvo Carnival will launch their “Heaven on Earth” theme on January 18
- Just 4 Fun Carnival will launch their “XX” theme on January 25
- Red Unlimited will launch their “Wild” theme on TBA
- Fuzion Mas launched their “Oyo” theme on December 19
- Asari Tribe launch details unknown
- Island Tribe launch details unknown
- Legends Carnival launch details unknown
- Taboo Carnival launch detail unknown
I played mas with Xuvo Carnival in 2019 and it was THE BEST ever! I had zero complaints! I cannot wait to see what the bands have in store for us for 2020.
WHERE TO STAY
St. Lucia has some of the best hotels in the Caribbean. That said, accommodations can be quite costly if you choose to go with an all -inclusive. Carnival festivities take place near the Rodney Bay/Gros Islet area of the island, with almost 80% of the events taking place at Pigeon Point. Some hotels to check out are:
- Coco Palm Resort – Walking distance from local bars
- Harbor Club – On the main road to and from events
- Bay Gardens Resort
- Mystique Royal St.Lucia
- Hideaway at Royalton
- Royalton Resort & Spa
- Windjammer – A bit tucked away but if you have a car, or a personal driver, it’s do-able
- Starfish St.Lucia [Formerly known as Papillon]
TOURISTY THINGS TO CHECKOUT
From mas to jungle-clad waterfalls, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some touristy things to do before or after your St. Lucian Carnival experience.
- Pitons Waterfall (Soufriere & the Pitons)
- Sulphur Springs (Soufriere & the Pitons)
- Anse Cochon (Marigot Bay)
- Reduit Beach
- Millet Bird Sanctuary
- Friday night Fish Fry
Yours in Mas,