Time to plan for the best carnival in North America – Miami Carnival. Miami Carnival has easily climbed the charts as one of the biggest and most attended in the states. Miami Carnival weekend kicks off from October 3 – October 9 this year.
WHERE IS MIAMI CARNIVAL?
For the people who are not playing mas, the Miami Carnival parade will take place at Miami Dade Fair Grounds — 10901 SW 24 St • Miami, FL 33165. You can pay $25usd to enter the grounds and spectate.
While Miami Carnival is one of the easier events to attend, when you purchase your flight can make or break your budget. FLY – Flying into Miami International Airport or Fort Lauderdale airport are your best options. We recommend buying flights before band launch to avoid paying outrageous airfare costs.
There are plenty hotel options in Florida. Luckily for most people, you have the option of staying in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Miami will be more expensive but will be better located to all the events (except Jouvert which is in Lauderhill). AirBnB is another affordable option.
Staying in Miami will decrease cost regarding transportation. Feel free to reserve a car rental as you will need one in the Florida region. If you attend events in the South Beach/Miami Beach area, Uber or Lyft are also viable options.
The big bands have begun launching, be on the look out for the best bands like Mascots International and Revel Nation.
Global Carnivalist endorses Revel Nation. If you’re looking for bands with great costumes and customer service, this is the band for you. (The below section will be updated once information is released)
- DJunction Mas is scheduled to launch their “Harlem” theme on June 29
- Mascots International is scheduled to launch their “Power of Crystals” theme on July 6
- Revel Nation is scheduled to launch their “Predators” theme on July 7
- Ramajay Mas is scheduled to launch their “Amazonia” theme on July 14
- Euphoria Mas is scheduled to launch their “Let the Adventure begin” theme on July 21
- Freaks Mas has launched their 2018 collection
- OneIsland has launched their 2018 collection
- The Wassi Ones has launched their 2018 collection
- Generation X Miami has launched their 2018 collection
- Party Room Squad has launched their 2018 collection
Miami has one of the best Caribbean party scenes in the States with some of the top Carnival promoters. Expect fetes likes Soca Brainwash, Viva La Carnival, IceBox Ent and Scorch this year.
- Accommodations: $250-$400usd a night depending on where you’re staying
- Costumes: $300 – 700usd (backline – frontline)
- Fetes: $25 – $550usd (depending on how many, let’s assume you party from Thursday to Monday)
- Transportation: $18 – $30usd per day for a car rental depending on the location
Please feel free to comment below if there is something else you would like to know. Good luck with planning!
Yours in Mas