Carnival is coming. The greatest show on earth where we revel in pure bliss for two whole weeks. It’s time to get those bellies flatter, those teeth whiter and that ass fatter. Things are about to get real, REAL soon, like 30 days soon.
Carnival Monday and Tuesday: February 24 -25, 2020.
Here are some tips, tricks and items we need to purchase before we hit the road.
Encompassed in the carnival scene are different kinds of fetes. There are what is known as pool parties/beach fetes, all inclusive premium (stush) fetes, boat rides, pavement limes and the all white fete.
If you have narrowed down all the parties you plan on attending, then you know you need an outfit for each event. Here’s a Fashion Guide [Men’s Guide] [Women’s Guide] to assist you with your planning and shopping. Yes. I even included website links for shopping.
Lastly, your carnival shoes. have you decided what shoes to wear? If you’re an avid Globey dot com reader, then you know I love me a heeled bootie, these are my top three looks. (Yes they are comfortable)
Here are my TOP FIVE tips for Masqueraders. You can find more tips here!
1) If you wear fishnet stockings, put on socks first. Then the stockings. This will prevent your toes from going through the net and will be more comfortable. Not wearing socks? Use gel insoles for comfort
2) Order your carnival sneakers a half size bigger to give your toes room in the front. Wear fuller socks with booties for more plushness
3) Trim the band off the top of your carnival pantyhose to prevent the muffin top look. Carnivalista’s new line has a blendina top so trimming isn’t needed.
4) If the straps of your carnival bra can be moved, criss-cross the straps at the back. For smaller busted women, it will give you the illusion of more fullness, for larger busted women, it will give you more support.
5) Going to Jouvert? The powder dye can discolor your skin, put baby oil or some type of oil on your skin, this will keep the powder’s dye from sticking to your skin and will come off easier.
BONUS: Imodium is the name of the game if you want to eat on the road and NOT have to drop a deuce.
Part of looking good on the road includes preparing your skin so that when you put on your make-up, you look even better. I have begun preparing my bikini line and skin. Here are my carnival prep beauty essentials!
PFB Chromabright is a razor burn treatment for men and women that helps with correcting dark spots, razor bumps and ingrown hairs. After using it every night, the top layer of damaged skin will begin to peel, revealing unblemished skin so make sure you’re exfoliating as well.
Mehron Makeup Skin Prep – if you have oily skin like me or you sweat a lot, PLEASE use this. High energy performers swear by this product, your makeup will be MATTE and flawless.
SUNSCREEN – There are debates about black people using sunscreen but I SWEAR by it. I mix my sunscreen with my Mahogany Butters body butter and my skin is dewy and glows all day. This is the brand I use on my face and body
Here are some FREE workout plans you can try at home or at the gym.
Here is a challenge to jump start your body for carnival- you should definitely be gyming 3-4x a week.
- No artificial sugar (fruit is okay)
- No alcohol (yes wine and beer are included)
- No dairy (eggs are not dairy)
- No genetically modified foods or anything with MSG
- ONLY brown flour products – brown rice, stone wheat or whole grains
- INCREASE your water intake – you should be drinking half your body weight in ounces daily.
Most of us won’t pack until a day or two before we leave, which is fine, but use this Carnival Travel Check-list to help you purchase all the items you need ahead of time.
Carnival is soca heavy so get familiar The more songs you know, the more fun you will have. Utilize these 2020 Soca Mixes to learn some tunes
- 2020 Soca Switch by DJ Jel
- Soca Starter 2020 by DJ Private Ryan
- Carnival Foreplay 2020 by Close Connections
- 2020 Soca Overload by Dei Musicale
LAST MINUTE PAYMENTS TO MAKE
- MUA Appointment
- Monday Wear [If purchased from designer]
- Purchase and locate all party tickets [looking for a sold out ticket? check http://www.fineahban.com]
Carnival Veterans, feel free to comment below about your preparation. See you all soon.