Carnival Chaser (n): An individual that goes on mostly carnival-based vacations, and plans trip after trip based on when the next carnival is.
Carnival is addictive. Meet Carnival Chaser: @OhGChoice
How did you fall in love with carnival?
What is your favorite thing about soca music?
I love that soca music can be received in so many different ways. One day you may listen to a Private Ryan mix to study, or get you through chores, the next day it may be at an event, where your skin-out level is at an all time high!
Which carnival is a must attend for you?
St. Lucia! St. Lucia Carnival is one of the most slept on carnivals in the Caribbean. The intimacy is unmatched. Carnival Chasers need to visit each island with an open mind that every carnival is not and should not be the same. With that being said, Trinidad Carnival is DEFINITELY an experience one needs to have; THAT IS PRODUCTION!
What are the “must have” items for you when choosing your band?
- Social media presence – GET ME HYPE BEFORE D MAS!
- Male sections designed with some sort level of effort – Let’s face it, I’m unable to drink 700 USD worth of alcohol so at least allow me to shut down Instagram with the carnival posts!
- Live band – I’ve only seen this in, St Lucia but LET ME TELL YOU! A live band is the life you thought you’ve lived but never got a chance to live. Epic!
- Dwaaaaaanksssss – What’s carnival without a fully stocked premium bar? And pass around shots are a plus!
- Good Reviews – Amazing Bloggers such as Global Carnivalist and Bahamianista and myself give the REAL experience of the leading bands and we aren’t on payroll so you can trust our reviews & vlogs!
Which carnival (that you have not tried yet) would you love to attend?
Right now Jamaica is looking like they getting the SAUCE! So I think that’s next on the list but it’s definitely a toss up between them and Grenada. I’m curious to see how black blood in my veins feels! #Jab
Yours in Mas,