You miss normalcy.. I know, me too! 2020 has been unlike anything we have ever experienced and yet here we are going through it. I could be pessimistic and say that things may never get better but let’s be optimistic here and play with the idea that we will soon be back at brunch, the malls, happy hour and most importantly, CARNIVAL!
So how are you spending your days “social distancing” ? Personally, I have been doing work [for my actual career], taking walks outdoors, lots of self-care [omg I miss the spa], reading and practicing makeup looks. While I have always enjoyed the downtime of being in my house when I am not traveling, being FORCED to do it, does not feel the same. I feel like I am on punishment, plus all of these carnivals being postponed is only adding fuel to my punishment. (but better safe than sorry).
Back to how we’re spending our days… a few of us are fortunate enough to work from home. Some of you are not, so please be cautious and of course be safe! For those of you at home, there are a few things you can do [beside work or even after work] to help you pass by the time. Nothing will be like going outside but hopefully these help.
If you miss the arts
Google Arts & Culture teamed up with over 2,500 museums and galleries to put together some virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world. You can checkout some here:
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art – New York, NY
- National Gallery of Art, Washington DC
- Tate, Britain – London, England
- Palace of Versailles – Versailles, France
- Museo Reina Sofia – Madrid, Spain
- Hong Kong Museum of Art – Hong Kong, China
- Love coloring? Order your Carnival Coloring Book here
You can find more on virtual concerts, operas and zoos here
If you feel like working out
You may not even feel like it, but if you do
- Printable at home workouts you could check out here
- At Home HITT Cardio Workout [No Equipment]
If you want a new soca mix
- Feting Problems by DJ A. Will
- Check out Proud Caribbean’s ‘Quarantina’ Soca Playlist on Apple Music
- This is Soca, Carnival Tabanca by DJ Aswaad
- Quarantine Mixes by DJ Private Ryan
- 2020 Carnival Cool Down by DJ Jel
If you want a new show to binge watch
FYI – Netflix launched “Netflix Party” so you can watch shows/movies with your friends. What’s better about this, is that it pairs the show so you’re watching it in real time. PS: You need to do this through Chrome!
For documentary lovers:
- ZeroZeroZero – Prime Video
- Dirty Money – Netflix
- McMillions – HBO
Other Good Shows:
- Love is Blind – Netflix
- Little Fires Everywhere – Hulu
- Grace and Frankie – Netflix
- The Good Place – Netflix
- Ozark – (New Season on Netflix, March 27)
- Insecure – (New Season on HBO, April 12)
If you miss fetes
- April 2 – Club Isolation – Lions
- April 2 – Curvy Carnival Nation Pop Up Party @ 2PM
- April 3 – Club Isolation
- April 3 – Caribbean Virtual Music Festival
- Bacchanal on Saturday from 12PM
- Ubersoca Cruise Online Quarantine Fete, multiple dates
- Shelldown Saturdays with Sirlance Stonewall & Red Lotus from 3PM
- Every Monday – Karaoke with Ninjafete from 8PM
- Do you tweet? There is a random soca fete on Twitter regularly so get yourself involved in #carnivaltwitter
More importantly, take care of yourself mentally, take a walk outside [of course stay away from crowds] if you can and stay positive.
Until the next carnival, or blog post.
Yours in Mas,